google.com, pub-5348167154863511, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Snitchlady: OPINION: Self Defense Gun Laws should be reviewed in case of #Michigan Man Theodore Wafer SHOOTING of #Black woman Renisha McBride.

Friday, August 8, 2014

OPINION: Self Defense Gun Laws should be reviewed in case of #Michigan Man Theodore Wafer SHOOTING of #Black woman Renisha McBride.


Theodore Wafer the Michigan man accused of gunning down Renisha McBride on his front porch in November was convicted of second-degree murder, manslaughter and possessing a firearm while committing a felony. He faces a possible life prison term.

Theodore Wafer as verdict is read in courtroom
WHAT HAPPENED: Wafer never denied shooting McBride when she showed up drunk on his porch before dawn, but testified that he did so in self-defense after she pounded on his door and allegedly tried to break into his Dearborn Heights home on Nov. 2.
McBride, who had an extremely high blood-alcohol level and traces of marijuana in her system, was shot in the face three hours after she walked away from a car crash in Detroit — about a half-mile away from Wafer’s home.

Wafer had been sleeping in a recliner and said he couldn’t immediately find his phone to call police when he awoke to an “unbelievable” pounding on his doors and feared for his life. He testified that he opened his front door and noticed the screen door had been tampered with, then opened the front door further before a figure emerged quickly from the side of the house. He said he raised his shotgun and fired.

“There was no pointing,” Wafer said, during cross-examination. “Just a self-defense reaction to protect myself.” The shot hit McBride in the face, killing her instantly.

OPINION: America has finally got a gun case tied to race some justice. What is your opinion on the case? Below are some reactions I gathered from several news websites on Facebook. Looking at the race factor which shouldn't even be there, most of the sympathetic posters were white. 

The truth is that we all bleed the same colour of blood and I feel justice was served SWIFTLY but I have my personal opinions on self defense laws. I have had a very similar case happen in Toronto when at 11.45pm a man showed up at my apartment door completely drunk, HOLDING a gun and banging my door Renee, Renee open the door, but it wasn't a Renee's apartment. He wanted the apartment above mine, so he was on the wrong floor. I called 911 on my landline and the police arrived but he was in the building ARMED, so they had to take caution. 

Toronto Police 31 division NEVER found this armed man? Would you say I should have fired my gun if I had one because of fear? Yes and No say different people. The self defense gun laws have to be reviewed as these could be scary situations. Here you have a potential drunk driver who walked away from an accident which may have injured or even KILLED others and she come on your porch. The FEAR is real. Sadly Wafer shouldn't have been armed due to his felony status. I watched all Wafer case this from Africa the moment it happened.

With Files from CBS Detroit

FACEBOOK COMMENTS

Holley DuBois-Howard Guess he thought he would get away with it since every other white guy seems to have gotten off for murder of a black person
Like · Reply · 2 · 6 hrs


Angela Montgomery I read other comments and I wonder if people were really lookn at the facts or was it just a color thing. No one of any color deserves to die in such a way. So glad my Lord sees souls that need a savior.
Like · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs


Eddie Lee Willis rip
Like · Reply · 4 hrs


Shavon Ohiomu His testimony & excuses were garbage...Justice was served!!#RIH
Like · Reply · 4 hrs


Chiffon Mrsblackdiamond R.I.P young lady God Bless the family
Like · Reply · 9 hrs


Emery Beckles Sr. God bless you sweetie!!!
Like · Reply · 11 hrs


Russ Pinkerton congratulations for the family and friends was a tragedy
Like · Reply · 1 · 8 hrs


Barbara Kelly Justice for you and your family.. now..... R.I.P.
Like · Reply · 3 hrs


Nicole M Manning God Bless sweet beautiful angel
Like · Reply · 10 hrs

Elder Tommy Holliday JUSTICE!!!!JUSTICE!!!!!!
Like · Reply · 4 · 11 hrs


Alan Jativa I. Am. Soooo. Happy. That. We. Finally. Were. Able. To. Find. This. Man. Guilty. And. Also. Have. . Justice. Served. In. This. Other. Case. Of. Which. , even. Though. I. Haven't. Done. Any. Type. Of. Research. On. It. , I. Still. Think. That. This. ...See More
Like · Reply · 3 · 11 hrs


Tommie Trevino Excuse me, but what's the story on this. I missed it...I guess thank you.
Like · Reply · 2 · 9 hrs


Emery Beckles Sr. Amen justice that poor baby lost her life over this amen rip love!!!
Like · Reply · 2 · 11 hrs


Lindella Smith Withers Sweet justice.
Like · Reply · 1 · 10 hrs


Barb Walker I feel justice has been served, if he gets life !!
Like · Reply · 1 · 11 hrs

Blog Archive